How To Connect Netgear Router To Arris Modem?
Below are the steps to connect Netgear router to Arris modem.
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect it between the rear port of the Arris modem and the WAN or Internet port of the Netgear router.
Turn on the modem and router.
- Launch a web browser on the computer that is connected to the Netgear router’s network.
- Use the IP address or URL of the router to access its web-based setup page.
- When prompted, provide the router’s user name and password in the appropriate fields.
- By default, admin is the user name.
- The default router password is password.
- Make sure to enter the login credentials correctly.
- Then, connect Netgear router to Arris modem.
- If you want to connect Netgear router to Arris modem, on the web-based setup page of the router, navigate to the Advanced tab followed by the Setup Wizard tab.
- Select the radio button beside the Yes option and click the Next button.
- The router will detect the type of internet connection that you are connected to.
- When you are prompted to create a new admin password, create it and confirm the same in the appropriate field.
- Choose your security questions and type the answers for them.
- Once you click the Next option, wait until the Congratulations message appears on the screen.
- If needed, select the Print This option. This will print the Network Settings web page.
- Once done with the above-mentioned steps, click the Next button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, the Firmware Update Assistant web page will open.
- If the firmware update is found, select the Yes option. If not, click the OK option.
- The Netgear router will reboot automatically once the firmware update process gets over.
- Now, when you are prompted to enter the admin password, enter the new admin password to access the web-based setup page of the Netgear router.
- And finally connect Netgear router to Arris modem.