Steps For Connecting Netgear Router To AT&T Modem
It is not difficult to connecting Netgear router to AT&T modem if you follow the quick steps given on our site. The AT&T modem provides a DSL home network and mobile wireless service.
Before Connecting The Netgear Router To The AT&T Modem:
On your windows computer, open the default browser and access the AT&T modem's interface with the help of your ISP's modem credentials.
Click on PPP Locationin the Advanced section to access the advanced modem settings.
Select the Bridge Modeoption to set the AT&T modem in Bridge mode and forward the Internet connection to the Netgear router.
Connecting The Netgear Router To The AT&T Modem:
- Take a standard Ethernetcable and connect an end to the Netgear router's WAN
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the AT&T modem.
- Take another Ethernet cable and plug one of the endsinto the LAN port of the router.
- Connect the other end into the network port of yourWindows computer.
- Connect the Netgear router to an electrical outlet with the help of the supplied power cord and power up the router.
- Make sure that the AT&T modem is turned on to connecting Netgear router to AT&T Modem.
- Power up the Windows computer and check whether you are connected to the internet.
- You can also connect the computer wirelessly to the router if you knowthe Wi-Fi network credentials and also if your computer has the Wi-Fi capability.
- Next, open the default browser on your computer and enter the Netgear router's IP address in the URL
- It will open theNetgear login portal.
- You can identify the router's IP address onthe label attached to the backside of the Netgear router.
- Otherwise, click the Startmenu and type 'cmd' in the search panel.
- From the search result, give a right-click on theCommand Prompt app and select Run as administrator.
- When the Command Prompt window pop-ups, type 'ipconfig' and press the Enter
- Navigate to the Default Gateway section and note down the router's IP address.
- In the router's login portal, enter 'admin' in the Username field and 'password' in the Password field to access the router's administrative interface.
- Click the Advancedtab and select Advanced Setup from the left-side panel.
- Select IPv6and go to the right-side panel.
- Select the PPPoEoption from the Internet Connection Type
- Click the Savebutton and verify if the connection has been established. Finally you are successfully connecting Netgear router to AT&T Modem.