How To Find Network Security Key On Linksys Router?
Method 1 - Linksys router’s security key from the web interface
- Launch the default web browser on your wireless computer or laptop to get security key on Linksys router.
- Type the Linksys router’s IP address (192.168.1.1) in the address column.
- If prompted, enter the router’s admin password in the Password field.
- By default, you have to leave the Username field empty.
- Click the Wireless tab, navigate to the Configuration View field, and select the radio button next to the Manual option.
- Navigate to the Wireless Security tab, and the router’s security key can be seen in the Passphrase field.
Method 2 - Finding the Linksys router’s security from your computer
- Your Windows 10 computer has to be connected to the router’s wireless router.
- On the desktop of the Windows 10 computer, right-click the Start icon and select the Network Connections option.
- Scroll down and click the Network and Sharing Center link.
- Select the wireless network of your Linksys router and click the Wireless Properties option.
- Click the Security tab and select the checkbox next to the Show Characters option.
- Now, you will see the router’s security key.
- Check if your Mac computer is connected to the router’s wireless network.
- Click the search icon at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Type ‘Keychain Access’ without the single quotes in the search field and select the same from the search results.
- Double-click your wireless network and checkmark the box beside the Show Password option.
- If prompted, type the Mac administrator password.
- Now, you will see the security key on Linksys router.
Method 3 - Finding the Linksys router’s security key using Linksys Connect
- Windows - Go to All Programs and select the Linksys Connect option.
- Mac - Go to the Applications folder and click Linksys Connect.
- Click the Router Settings option when you see the Linksys Connect screen.
Navigate to the Personalize section, and you can find the security key in the Password field.
Method 4 - Finding the Linksys router’s security key using Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
- Launch Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer on your computer.
- Type 22.214.171.124 in the address bar and press Enter.
- Provide the Linksys cloud account’s credentials in the Email Address and Password fields and then click the Log in option.
- Go to the Router Settings section and click the Wireless option.
- Navigate to the Password field and then find the security key on Linksys router.