To keep your personal information secure, you have to set a password. To know about Linksys router password setup for mac computer, refer to the easy guidelines given on this web page. Usually, you can find the login information such as IP address, username, and password in the router’s rear side label or user manual.
- The default local IP address of the Linksys router is 192.168.1.1.
- You can also find the IP address on your Mac computer by following the instructions given below.
- Check if the Mac computer is connected to the router’s network.
- Go to the home screen, click the Apple logo at the top-right end of the screen, and click the System Preferences option.
- Click the Network option, go to the Internet & Wireless section, and select your network.
- Click the Advanced tab followed by the TCPP/IP tab and you will see the Linksys router’s IP address in the Router field.
- Alternatively, go to the Application folder and click the Utilites option followed by the Terminal option.
- Type the netstat -rn | grep default command in the Terminal window and press the Return key.
- The screen will show the router’s network information, including the IP address. This will helps to do Linksys router password setup for Mac.