Netgear Router Says Wireless Is OFF
If your Netgear router says wireless is off, you need to turn on the wireless radios. To enable the wireless radio on the Netgear router manually, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- You can verify whether you had turned on the wireless radios when the Wi-Fi LED and the Wi-Fi On/Off LED are lit up.
Carry out these steps to turn on the wireless radios remotely from the Netgear administrator interface:
- Before starting the process, make sure that you have connected a computer to the Netgear router using an Ethernet cable.
- You can also connect the Netgear router and the computer wirelessly using the Netgear SSID and Network Key.
- Identify the IP address of the Netgear router to open the Netgear login portal on your browser.
- You can identify it from the label attached to the backside of the Netgear wireless router.
- If you are using a Windows desktop, you can identify it using the Command Prompt window.
- On your Windows desktop, click the Windows icon and type “cmd” in the search panel.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt app from the search result.
- Select the Run as administrator option from the pop-up menu to open the Command Prompt app as an administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the “ipconfig” command and press the Enter key.
- Scroll down to the Default Gateway field and note down the IP address.
- Close the Command Prompt window and open the default browser.
- Enter the IP address of the Netgear router in the URL field and press the Enter key.
- In the Netgear login portal, enter the login credentials in the available fields and click the Login button.
- In the Netgear administrator interface, click the Wireless tab from the left-side panel.
- Under Wireless Advanced Settings (2.4 GHz b/g/n), select the Enable Wireless Router Radio checkbox.
- Under Wireless Advanced Settings (5 GHz b/g/n), click and enable the Enable Wireless Router Radio checkbox.
- Now, the error will be resolved, and the wireless radios will be turned on remotely from the computer to the Netgear router.
- If the problem persists, reset your Netgear router and reconfigure the wireless settings.
- If still your Netgear router says wireless is off, contact our technical experts by clicking the Call button available on this screen.