Netgear Router WAN Setup
To perform Netgear Router WAN Setup
, proceed with the step-by-step instructions given below.
- Type the router’s URL or IP address in the address bar and press Enter.
- Note: The IP address can be found on the router’s label at the bottom of the router panel.
- You can also find the IP address from the computer that is connected to the router by performing the following instructions.
Netgear Router WAN Setup Windows:
Method 1: From the Start menu
- Go to the Start menu on your Windows computer and click the Settings icon followed by the Network & Internet option.
- Select your connection and you will see the router’s IP address in the IPv4 field.
Method 2: Command Prompt window
- In the Windows search bar, enter cmd and choose the Command Prompt option from the search results.
- Enter the ipconfig command and press the Enter key.
- All the network information of the Netgear router will be shown in the Command Prompt window.
- You can find the router’s IP address in the beside the Gateway field.
Method 1: From the menu
- On the home screen of your Mac computer, click the Apple menu at the top of the screen and click the System Preferences option.
- Click the Network option, select the network connection on the left panel, and note down the router’s IP address from the IP Address field.
Method 2: Terminal window
- Go to the Finder tab, select the Applications option, and click the Utilities option followed by the Terminal option.
- Type the command ifconfig in the Terminal window to know the IP address of your router.
- The login web page of the Netgear router will appear on the screen.
- For most of the Netgear router models, the default user name and password are admin and password, respectively.
- If you have changed the router admin password, use the new one instead of the default one.
- The login credentials are case-sensitive. So, enter them correctly in the User Name and Password fields.
- In the home page of the Netgear router, click the Advanced option followed by the Setup option and select the WAN Setup option.
- Now, you will see the following options on the screen.
- Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection
- Default DMZ Server
- Respond to Ping on Internet Port
- Disable IGMP Proxying
- MTU Size (in bytes)
- NAT Filtering
- Choose the required options and click the Apply option to save the changes you have made.
- Now, We have seen how to perform Netgear Router WAN Setup in Windows and MAC Computer.