Issue: Router Light Red On Netgear Extender
If the router light red on Netgear extender, it indicates a poor connection. This LED must stay green, which indicates a stable connection.
Resolve this connection problem on the Netgear router by performing the troubleshooting steps.
- First, check if both the Netgear extender and your router are placed in the same room.
- Remove the power cable from the Netgear extender and the electrical outlet.
- Also, disconnect the power cable from the router and the power source.
- After a minute, connect the extender to the electrical outlet.
- Plug the router’s power cord into the wall outlet.
Method 1 - Resetting using the Reset button
- Take a sharp pointing object like pen or paper clip and insert it into the Reset button on the rear side of the Netgear extender.
- You have to hold this button for at least five seconds.
- This will reset the extender to the factory default settings.
Method 2 - Resetting using Web GUI
- Establish a connection between the Netgear extender and your computer.
- Open the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome web browser on the computer.
- Access the Netgear extender web page using its URL, email address, and password.
- Select the Settings option followed by the Other Settings option.
- Click the Reset button and select the Yes option to continue.
- Wait until the extender resets to the factory default settings.
If the Netgear extender problem router light red on Netgear extender persists, click the Call button to get technical assistance from our support members.